Friday, December 3, 2010

What's my body shape? I'd have to say "Big Bird"

The feeling of being 'tiny' was fleeting.  Probably back in August, I hit a point in my weight loss journey where my body was changing more rapidly than my amazed mind could keep up with.  I felt so little!  Measureably, not much has changed since then although I am comfortably in the smallest size pants I have worn in 10 years. 

Now I see all the lumps and bumps again.  Where did they come from?  Where they there in August?  How did I not notice them before??  And what the heck are these flabby hunks of flesh taking up residence on my ribcage?!  Humpf!  I know, I know, it's so very easy to see the dark, self-loathing aspect of it all instead of congratulating myself on how far I've come. 

On a positive note, I've started doing Zumba which after 2 classes I have decided to start taking tylenol pre-emptively.  Yeah it's beating me up!  I enjoy the movement and the crazy enthusiastic women who don't give a crap how insane they get when they are in the zone.  They're awesome!  Tonight and tomorrow are flashmob rehearsals with the mobbing happening tomorrow afternoon somewhere in Seattle.  Really excited about that, it's a fun routine!  And if it rains... we'll stand under my umbrella... ella... ella...

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it weird how when we are in the moment... we see the change, but then after being stagnant or not seeing any progress we start to see stuff we didn't. Keep at it! We will overcome this!

    ReplyDelete