Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Battling the Blubber Monster

It's a new dawn... it's a new day... it's a new life for me and I'm feeling good! (Michael Buble)
Woke up ready to tackle my lack of fitness motivation.  The other lacking motivations will just have to take a number.  I can really only be held responsible for one thing at a time.  Downloaded MyFitnessPal to my blackberry and got my fat rear end on the treadmill.  Calculated out the nutritional value in my morning coffee and entered it into the program.  I'm on a roll, now I just have to keep this going.....

It was a bit of a wake up call when I found myself shopping for new Spanx yesterday.  That in itself isn't the frightening part... I already own some... and I was looking for a different pair to go under a dress I just bought.  I mean, there's nothing wrong with a little smoothing helper to make you look and feel your best.  I've had kids, things aren't where they used to be and the texture of my fleshy parts is... well... FRIGHTENING!  But why, oh why can't I just get my act together and give myself the advantage of losing the 5lbs it will take to make me feel that much more confident in this sassy little red number?  No... not me... I try to take the more expensive and lazy way out. 

Well not today!  Today I already put in the treadmill time before breakfast!  So there blubber monster... today, you lose!

1 comment: