Friday, October 8, 2010

Look OUT! The food pyramid is crashing to the ground!

HAH!  Did I really say "portion control"????  Yeah... okay... maybe a teeny bit of that going on.  It's been snack city around here today.  In my weak defense, I was a work-a-holic today with little time for making good eating choices.  The kids and I ate a loaf of banana bread.  That was our lunch and snacks.  Balanced?  Not even close, but hey, it could've been a drive through just to keep us going.  Of course that would have required my leaving the house which is not commonplace when work is keeping me busy.  Pizza for dinner and the one redeeming item... SALAD!!  With a high fat dressing!!  Yes I have read every diet tip, I have taken classes taught by dietitians.  What I am saying is, YES... I know better.  To top it off, we went to a football game and when I told the kids they could buy one snack item each they also brought back popcorn "for your snack mom!" so of course I had to eat that and now I wanna HURL.  Once made of corn... maybe.  Now has more chemical entities than a mad-scientist's lab... definitely.  EW, stomach ache express here we come!

Going walking in the AM, by myself if I must... oh and water, water, WATER!

No comments:

Post a Comment