Thursday, October 7, 2010

Stagnant like a slimy pond

So this week my scale seems to be broken.  Blame it on the inanimate object without feelings.  On the plus side... not gaining for not trying real hard.  Consciously working on portion size and control.  For the first time in my life I am able to look at the food left before me knowing I am no longer hungry and NOT shovel it in until I burst.  That's right, I have even thrown it away!  I don't have to eat it because it tastes good or because it shouldn't go to waste or hell, even the usual: it's there.

Although I am not making progress I should be proud that I am strong and I have changed my life-long habits that were causing me constant grief!  So why am I still not jazzed?  Who knows, my mood has taken a plummet, probably just life crowding in and blocking the sun while the dark dirty algae multiplies in my soul.  Ok, ok, so it's not that bad.... anyone who knows me knows that I never sink that low (or rarely anyway).  So I'm just going to deal with the things within my realm of control and those that I can't, well... screw 'em! 

Slowly progressing toward wanting to exercise again.  Goal for this week is to take advantage of the last of the beautiful fall weather and get outside!  Only I can make me.

No comments:

Post a Comment