Friday, January 29, 2010

Alternative activites calorie counter

Not feeling the urge to exercise today.  I AM eating smart and feeling a little better about my efforts.  A day or two off won't hurt a thing and I will find activities to keep me moving.  A little gardening would burn some calories and give my brain some much needed fresh air.  Cleaning the house always tires me out... that should just about make up for it!

A break from smelling sweaty! 

Some great activities for burning calories:
A one-hour hike will burn you 438 calories.
In addition to burning 511 calories per hour, ice skating is a great cardiovascular exercise.
Group activites like basketball condition your entire body along with whittling 584 calories an hour.
Jumping rope is cheap, increases coordination and balance at up to 730 calories an hour.
Inline skating burns an incredible 913 calories an hour, yet it is easy on your joints.

Keeping in mind that Valentine's day is around the corner... here is a wesite that lists calories burnt during naughty activities (it's VERY specific!!) http://calorielab.com/news/2008/02/12/calories-burned-during-sex/

Wink, wink

No comments:

Post a Comment