Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Still riding my sunshine high

Yum!  Last night I made a very simple one dish meal that was fantastic!!  Sliced sweet potatoes, carrots, tossed with olive oil fresh rosemary, topped with chicken breasts which were then brushed in a quick honey mustard/ balsalmic vinegar glaze.  One pan, 375 degrees and HEAVEN!!  Super low fat, lots of nutients, and so tasty!  Even the kids didn't complain which is comparable to them jumping up and down and shouting, "This totally doesn't SUCK!!  Thanks Mom!!"  Okay, I have an active imagination...  but still... no compaining counts for something.

Beautiful sunshine yesterday kept me outside and working in the yard (every activity burns calories).  After a yummy fruit smoothie, compliments of my magic bullet knock-off, I am ready to take this day by the horns and wrestle it into submission!  I can tell that exercise is making a big difference in lightening my mood...

Fruit Smoothie: 1 scoop nonfat yogurt, frozen blueberries, frozen cranberries, frozen peach, half grannysmith apple (peel on), handfull fresh spinich, vanilla soy milk, 2 ice cubes

No comments:

Post a Comment