Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My beautiful little inspiration

I sat down at my computer this morning and started working right away... which is a good thing.  My 4 year old daughter asked me over and over when I was going to do my walking.  Finally when I reached a stopping point, I grabbed my sneakers and said, "Now, Noelle, I'm going to do my walking NOW!"  She smiled and told me that she loves it when I walk and she loves it when we eat healthy!

If that isn't a reason to do this, I don't know what is.  I made a promise when she was born to keep her healthy and happy and to not let her suffer through adolescence feeling the same inadequacies that my sister and I did.  And before you get the wrong idea, I will not give her body image issues, give her a need to set unrealistic expectations, or make her feel anything other than what she truly is... BEAUTIFUL and AMAZING!  I simply want to lay the foundations for her to make smart healthy choices without having to think twice or punish and dislike herself for always making the easy bad choices.

So today I walked for 45 minutes, over 2 miles and burned over 300 calories (alledgedly). 

I'm still feeling motivated!  A friend suggested that I take a picture of myself in a bikini to compare as time goes on.  What is this "bikini"?  It seems like a familiar word buried in the receses of distant past memories but I simply can't force myself to recognize it...

I will take pics and maybe as time goes on and I have some guts to show the progress, I'll post.  Maybe

No comments:

Post a Comment