Friday, January 15, 2010

Successfully distracted! Oxymoron? I think not!

I've found that I can stay on the treadmill longer if I have something to keep my mind occupied.  I've been watching some ridiculous (but entertaining) TV shows that are hour long programs which translates into 45 minute walks once the commercials are nixed.  Thank goodness for on demand, networks that support full episodes, and... Netflix!  They really keep me going (literally!).  Today was 46 min, 350 cal, 2 miles!  Oh YEAH!

I think in the future I may give audiobooks a try.  I hear you can download plenty for free and a friend of mine swears she's never gotten more done around the house before she discovered them.  Any distraction that can keep you from thinking of the mile long list of reasons why you won't achieve something makes success so much easier!!!!

Here's a link for info on TEXT donations to the Red Cross for relief for earthquake hit Haiti
http://www.swaggrabber.com/

**Shout out to my brother-in-law Matt who is taking the very difficult step toward getting healthy.  You can do it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment